Saturday, April 28, 2012

Flowers For Leontien and more photos of the day.




I want to start my post today with a message to Leontien.  
She is a fellow blogger battling cancer and I just wanted to tell her that 
we are praying for her and sending positive thoughts her way.  
I am joining in on a blog hop to help support this wonderful lady.  



My flowers for Leontien...
This is a beautiful wild flower...
A
Showy Orchis.






Another wild flower.

This is a Dwarf Crested Iris. 




I am still participating in the Photo A day challenge.





This is photo number 17.  
Something you don't like.

I actually like worms...but I do not like to touch them.
Last summer one slithered into my Crock shoe.  
Of course I did not have socks on and pretty much had a complete heart attack 
when it happened. 
Screaming and jumping around trying desperately to get my shoe off....

It really was a frantic and scary moment for me.  
I think about it often.
and 
shiver.



  


Photo number 18.  Hair. 

I had to contact Fabio for this one....
Really Eco the horse.

He has a very full and very thick head of hair.






Photo number 19....
Orange.
I just love these little newts....
This is the eft phase of the Eastern Newt.

Sooooo colorful and cute.  




Photo number 20.  Something you drew. 
I actually drew this just for this challenge....

This is Bumble.
I miss her so much.  So does Zippy.  




Photo number 21.
Bottle.
This is a photo of one of my Carter's ink bottles.

That cobalt color really does something to me.  I LOVE it.




I mean.....just loooook at it.

It makes my eyes do summersaults.





So, so beautiful.





Not only is the color fabulous, but the design is very attractive.
This type of bottle is also called a "cathedral" bottle.
The panels of the bottle are similar to cathedral windows. 




Photo number 22.  The last thing that I bought.
This is a silk shirt that I purchased at Goodwill.
It cost a whopping 3.75.  
I love finding a great deal....I also just purchased a pair of Seven jeans at Goodwill for 4.75.  
This makes me happy.
Then...there is the Mink coat that was 15.00
and 
a pair of Joe's jeans with the tags still on for 4.75.






Photo number 23.  Vegetable.
Well......I kind of cheated on this one....
This is not really a vegetable....it is a fungus.
A beautiful and very tasty fungus...
A gorgeous..MOREL.  



Photo 26.  Black and White.
This is a shot taken on a rainy day.
The log was really saturated and had a great sheen and contrast.
Pretty neat how the seedling tree is growing out of the dead one.  




I cheated again.
Seems to be a pattern with me......Um....In this photo challenge that is.
I had two photos for Black and White.
This is my neighbor's barn and apple tree.  
This was taken the day before it was snowing and 24 degrees.
I think that it will be interesting to see if we actually have any apples this year. 





This photo cracks me up.
Zippy trying to get his ball.  Not part of the photo challenge.  Just fun.





Photo number 24.
Something you are grateful for.
I am grateful for so much in my life.
I thought that this photo was just a general reflection of that.  
Wide open and all encompassing.
Grateful for every day.




Zippy.
He is grateful too. 




Eco.




GRRRR.........




Hey.....What about me....



Smudge did you chew on the edge of the deck???

What about that chair????




Oh crap.....she caught me AGAIN!!!

  


I think that I will just pretend that I am napping and maybe she will leave me alone.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...............





Check out this spider sneaking away with a bumble bee.

4 eyes.



Zippy trying desperately to fit into Smudge's dog bed.

Smudge is not too happy about it. 



This is Zippy Bullydozing the compost that I put down for a giant pumpkin.
He really loves his job.  




Zippy jumping in the same compost. 




Smudge moving faster than her skin.
She was running through the leaves and up a bank.




Zippy zipping.  
At almost 9 years old is JUST beginning to slow down.
Ha ha ha....
Really...
This is slowing down.



Photo number  27.  Somewhere you went.
This is my commute to work on concrete.
My wonderful neighbor lets me use his fabulous workshop. 
So thankful to be able to work in this place. 

Thank you wonderful neighbor.




This is a new piece of concrete that I am working on.
It spirals up.


Another view.
I can't wait to put some plants in it.  It is fairly large and would look great with some 
strawberries or just a huge pot of petunias.....or....anything really.




Hello little newt.......






Another new piece.
This is a stump stool/table
that has a Hobbit house on it. 
It is unfinished.  I still have to stain and seal it.
Same with the spiral planter. 




Found these pictures the other day of Zippy and Bumble.  
They looked so happy together.




I just thought that they were cute.




I wish that I could play with Zippy!!!

Maybe one day...




The end.  






16 comments:

  1. Love the pictures, Jill!! The "so does Zippy" part made my eyes fill up. I was so hoping that Zippy would take on Smudge as a new friend. Bumble must have had some kind of amazing spirit or soul that calmed Zippy. Amazing how raw the pain still is from our losses. We think about and talk about Conroy all the time. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for joining in support of leontien today! sharing the beauty and the joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O yes….Leontien need this !!!..love for all the blog girls who give her flowers today !!…glad you did this….love Ria…xxx…

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post that I know will give Leontien a lift and a smile, just like it has for me!

    Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've gotta open your mouth to catch that ball, Zippy! I just love your drawing of Bumble!
    What beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss Bumble too...Smudge is cute...Bumble was...well...Bumble!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this series of photos. Eco is beautiful...loved seeing the drawing of Bumble...the bottle...the silk shirt. All of them...wow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous pictures. We love the pictures of Zippy and Smudge
    Sending all good vibes to your friend
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely flowers in support of our friend Leontien. Thank you for your words of kindness. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am really impressed with your photo challenge photos and the drawing you did! If things calm down maybe I'll try something like that. I've been a bit stale lately and could use some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lot of hair for just one horse!

    Your wildflowers are so beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jill, what a great post! Filled of a bit of everything. I really liked that blue ink bottle! I see what you mean about it grabbing your attention.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Jill, I absolutley loved every picture in todays post. They made me smile, and laugh and I truly love all of your work too. Your an artist in pencil and in cement. I love the hobit stump.
    Just a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete