Saturday, June 30, 2012

Birthday fun and it is hot!


Once again...I find myself behind in all things.
I am grateful for work and am thrilled to be busy.  
However it has taken a toll on blog posting and commenting. 

The above photo was a complete surprise to me.
I had a little point and shoot (film) camera that I loved and used constantly.
I guess that I grabbed a roll of film that had already been exposed and put it in the camera.
I ended up with some really neat double exposures.
This is my very first dog, Miss Margaret Thatcher with Zippy (on his skateboard) and Gus.




Not much to do around here in the heat.
I hate to complain about it because really.....it is only in the 80s here.
However..most folks, including us, do not have air conditioning.  

So.......



We are just taking it easy.




Eco and Oracle having some fun.







Come on!

Why can't we play together?




Scatter reacting to Smudge.
Smudge follows the cat around maybe....just a little too much.




Snapdragons.




A small piece of concrete.
"Dream"



Another small piece of concrete.
This was a prototype for a larger planter.
It spirals up.





A beautiful Bishop's Children dahlia. 




An Eastern Newt.




We have been adding a railing to the deck, so that Smudge will be safe if she has a seizure
and....
we also just needed a railing.  
We never added it because we thought it would block our view and our deck was only about 
4 feet off of the ground at the highest point.  

See the string that goes across the tops of the posts and around the chair?





This was at the other end.
She also took it under the deck and through the flower bed.




Zippy zipping.




New railing before we put the wire in. 




This is Zippy modeling the new Skunkinator.

It is the latest in skunk deterrents and gives your dog a feeling of security and personal freshness.
(It is really just an air freshener that my sister gave me as a joke)
(Don't tell Zippy though)




I spotted this cute little creature on one of my garden lights.




Great color combo.




A rare look.
Zippy facing the camera.




I believe that this was taken when we last had rain. 

It has been awhile.  



A Knock Out rose.




Double snapdragon. 




Bishop's Children Dahlia.


I can't remember the name of this one.




Bishop's Children.


Weeds.




Smudge catching some air with her cheeks.



Ball shaking is fun.



By the way....Zippy chewed a hole in the ball.




Hmmmm......I think someone is messing with one of my bones.




I better go check.




Nope....safe and sound...right under blue dog.
(I would also like to add.....and in the flower bed!)




One of the first baby pumpkins.
Isn't she beautiful?




Zippy cooling off in the stream.




This was a very very special day for Smudge...
She had to rest so that she could have fun later.




She rested and rested.




Then....she had a big, fun BIRTHDAY!!!!

Smudge's first birthday.




Enjoying her cookie/cake





Yummmmmmm!!!!




She enjoyed her day....even though....
someone....




Stole her toys and destroyed them.

I give you.....

Zippy The Destroyer.......of toys.




I hope that everyone has a safe and wonderful 4th!!!


Thanks for stopping by.



8 comments:

  1. You are so busy! Success is hell isn't it?
    Happy Birthday dear Smudgie....Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just love the pictures of you upside-down, Smudge. hehe We hope you have the bestest birthday!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, what a wonderful story and great pictures and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SMUDGE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting unintended shot. That Smudge just gives us a smile and Zippy, too.

    Keep cool.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was 98 yesterday and back on the way there again today, tomorrow, and the next day. My poor chickens!

    So many funny photos of Smudge! Thanks for the morning smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the photographs. Happy Birthday to Smudge. Glad to see things seem to be going well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 1st Smudgie Wudgie...love the upside down Smudge look...so you are enduring the heat...we had a little spell of unfathomably hot humid weather...not my friend. Thanks for dropping by and wishing Jim a Happy 64th...so kind of you!
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't know how I missed this post. I love all of the pictures. Smudge is so in my thoughts. What a wonderful life all of your animals have!!

    ReplyDelete