Sunday, October 25, 2009

Gus the Big Black Dog

This post is about the big black lug we call Gus. He is such a sweet guy. He is so sweet that he will not let others (Zippy and Bumble) know when they are bugging him. He just takes all of the bullying and then....well.....things just do not end well. I think Gus even gets along with the birds and bunnies; everything except deer....and Zippy. Probably the sweetest dog in the whole world.
He also has the most beautiful eyes. I just love the color. You may notice how one of his ears is a bit shorter than the other. That happened one day when he and his brother Zippy had a bit of a disagreement. Two dogs, two cars and a trip to the emergency vet. A few stitches later and Gus had a short ear. It actually happened that fast. Gus and Zippy live totally separate lives now and all is well. Bumble fluctuates between the two worlds. Gus said he could not help it if his brother Zippy has a loose screw.

Gus is short for Angus. Another neat thing about Gus is that he is one of the most laid back Labrador in the world. He just takes it all in stride. Unless of course if you are a deer and you happen to be in my hosta garden. Then this watchful stance takes on a whole new meaning.


1 comment:

  1. Gus sounds like a wonderful dog and good companion. I guess he and Zippy now respect each others space? Very nice dog and very nice post!
    On another note....
    Please check my latest post. I have given your blog an award. I simply wanted you to know how much I have enjoyed reading about your animals and your giant pumpkins. If you should choose to accept the award that would be nice, but if you don't I would totally understand. Anyway, happy blogging ... mj

    ReplyDelete