Friday, September 18, 2009

Good news and Bad news




Well......the good news is that my main pumpkin is still ever so slowly adding weight. It is up to 370lbs. and gaining about 6-8lbs. a day. I really, really, really would like to get up to 500lbs., but I do not think it will make it. We are in the third day of 10 forecast days of rain and cool weather. Not good at this stage of growing.




Now the bad news......My other two beautiful bright orange pumpkins that were both in the 300lb. range have developed splits. A moment of silence please. Poor things...... IF and a big IF I am lucky, the splits will not go into the cavity. Oh please do not go into the cavity. I will know more in a day or two. What a bum year for pumpkin growing. Oh well, you win some and you lose some. There is always next year.
I am not complaining, just a little disappointed. I am very thankful to still have one pumpkin standing. That sweet little Bumble is sticking her tongue out at me! Silly dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment